Start a new career as an Ultrasound Technician
No medical background needed
You can apply with nothing more than a GED or High School Diploma
Progress at your own pace
Courses can be taken in the evening or morning. Get your certificate in just two years!
A low-cost medical career with high pay and opportunities for independent growth.
Sonography technicians are crucial members of the medical community. National Polytechnical College is helping students become certified in this affordable and highly viable career with hands on classroom training and practical experience in the field.
The inexpensive and non-invasive techniques that a sonography technician provides can spot irregularities in the tissue of veins, the abdomen, breasts, genitals, and even in the health of babies during pregnancy.
Why choose a career in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound)?
Significant job growth in the last 3 decades.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that demand will increase by 44 percent. A well spring of job opportunities are expected to appear in urban and rural areas across the nation.
Work from home or work abroad.
Sonography technicians are needed throughout the world and the nation. Whether staying at home or traveling the world, sonography technicians are needed everywhere.
Make an impact in the lives of patients
Sonography Technicians are less expensive than an appointment with the doctor. Your service can be the first step in prevention of a life-threatening disease.
Course Description and Details
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (AAS)
Students receive hands on experience within the classroom environment.
Once coursework is completed, students will work in a practice for 6 months and will gain practical experience in the field.
Length of Program
106 weeks – 2,630 Clock Hours – 97 Semester Credit Hours
5 Days per week, Monday to Friday
Morning schedule: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Evening schedule: 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Break: 20 minutes each day.
Job title upon completion:
Upon completion of the program, the successful student will be able to:
- Obtain, review, and integrate pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Pre-select the ideal settings for equipment to best get the results needed.
- Record, analyze, and process diagnostic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of medical sonography.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills with patients, colleagues and physicians.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Provide patient education related to medical sonography and promote principles of good health.